We Care About Your Vision - Eye Doctor Near Me
Whether your children just started wearing glasses or have had them for years - here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure your child knows the importance of regularly wearing his or her glasses.
- When choosing frames, your child needs to be a part of the process. He or she needs to be happy with his frames if you expect them to be worn daily.
- Make sure the frames fit your child. Please ask one of our opticians for assistance.
- Frames should be durable and strong. Kids just cannot be relied on to handle fragile glasses. There are good options today for both metal or plastic frames
- Spring Hinges that allow the frames to flex outwards, can prevent damage and save you money in the long run.
- Polycarbonate or Trivex lenses - which are more impact resistant, scratch resistant - and also lighter. They also add a layer of protection against UV rays
- Teach your kids how to safely store their glasses. Encourage them to leave their glasses in a glasses case in a convenient and easy to find place when not being worn. Also, make sure to write their names on their glasses cases
- Teach your children how to properly clean and maintain their glasses
- Kids involved in sports may need sports or swimming glasses.
- Back - up pair. Kids have been known to break or lose their glasses. Having a second pair in the house can be a lifesaver
- Prescription sunglasses should be used when going outside. Make sure they have proper UV Protection
- Remember to schedule an annual eye exam with your child’s optometrist. It’s important for the prescription to be current, as children’s eyes are continuing to develop.